Need some extra motivation this winter? This month we are celebrating the Tour de France with our own indoor cycling challenge. It’s achievable for every one, free to enter, and most of all a lot of fun.
The challenge is 3 events – 2 stages ridden over 2 weeks culminating in a 14 km Time trial in the 3rd week.
Stage 1. – 10th to 16th July.
Saint-Girons / Foix (101km)
Stage 2. – 17th to 23rd July.
Montgeron (101 km)
Time Trial. – 24th to 30th July.
Dusseldorf, Individual Time Trial (14km)
To complete the challenge you’ll cycle the equivalent of a rider in the peloton (they’d normally do a stage per day) except you’ll have 5 days.
Here’s how it works.
- Train for the Time Trial by completing Stages 1 & 2 of the Tour de France
- Choose to enter as an individual or in a team (max of 2 people to a team)
- Collect a challenge card from reception, write down the km’s completed in a session and tally the total at the end of the week / or when completed the stage distance.
- Team or individuals who complete the time trial goes in the draw to win a prize.
- If you use a stationary bike – record the actual km’s,
- If you use a spin bike, 30mins = 13km. A HIT Cycle session = 15km
- Maximum of 30 minutes on the bikes at peak times (to be monitored
- There will be free HIT Cycle sessions Friday 14th & 21st July at 1:30 pm (must sign up at reception)
- The week of the 24th July is an individual time trial – complete 14 km on a Precor bike as quickly as possible and record your time on the white board / challenge card.
IT’S FREE – REGISTER TODAY