Synergy Health & Fitness Club respects the privacy of individuals, accordingly this policy sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1993 and, in particular, the Information Privacy Principles that are set out in the Privacy Act 1993.This Policy is subject to change which be effective from the date a notice of the change is posted on this website.
How we may collect information
Personal information about you may be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web sites or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party service providers or publicly available sources.
Information that we are likely to collect
We are required by the act to obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information”, we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this policy.
The types of personal information that we collect from you are dependent on the circumstances of collection. E.G. Upon joining one of our gyms we may collect details such as your name, contact details, emergency contact, next of kin, date of birth, gender, driver’s licence details, banking details and other information which will assist us in delivering our products and services to you. When you visit our website we may collect your IP address, date, and time of visit.
You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however as a result of this we maybe unable to provide services to you or inform you of changes to the services we provide or to your membership terms (including fees).
How we may use your Information
We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes and for direct marketing purposes (including club newsletters). You can opt out of receiving marketing materials by writing to us at the below address or following any instructions to unsubscribe in one of our marketing emails.
Your information may be disclosed to third parties:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, to process your membership application);
- to validate the information you provide to us in the course of joining and/or using our services;
- to undertake fee collection services on our behalf;
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
- if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter, to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes;
- to protect the personal safety of our staff, other users of our services or the public.
- to our affiliated companies or to any prospective purchasers of us or a significant portion of our assets.
Your information security
We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our database. However, when providing personal information via the internet or our Fitness APP, we note that the transmission of information is not entirely secure. Accordingly we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via these methods and any such transmission is at your own risk.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to:
- Protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
- Keep personal information only for as long as the law requires.
- Subject to applicable laws, take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently deidentify your personal information if it is no longer needed for the particular purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Protect your personal information by taking reasonable steps to comply with industry best-practice standards.
Correcting and Accessing your information
You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see below for details). Please note that your right to gain access to your information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
Phone or email.
(04) 499 0032