Use the tool below to get an estimate of how many calories you need.
Fill in your details so we can work out your required calorie intake.
Your calorie intake
To maintain your current weight you need the following amount of calories per day--
- Sedentary – Little or no exercise.
- Lightly Active – Light exercise 1-3 days per week.
- Moderate – Moderate intensity exercise 3-5 days per week.
- Very Active – High intensity activities 6-7 days a week.
- Extremely Active – High intensity activity everyday and a physical job
How many calories to lose weight? If you want to lose weight aim to eat 500 calories less than your daily caloric needs (which you can work out using our calculator) – or burn off more calories through exercise. Ideally, combine the two. If you reduce your calories by 500 every day – perhaps by eating 250 calories less and burning 250 calories more – you will lose about 1/2 kilo each week. Remember it’s important not to go below 1200 calories per day, unless you’re on a medically supervised weight loss programme.
Needing to shed some excess weight? Synergy Fitness can help! Check out our LeanFit programme…